I have so many ideas for my swap project - very exciting!!!
1. What is your preference? ground - no grinder
2. What kind of coffees do you enjoy? A rich, bold roast - caffeinated-PLEASE!
3. If you were headed out right now to buy some coffee for the house, what would you be picking up? Arabic coffee - I am the only one in the house who drinks "American" coffee on a daily basis, in which case I'd buy a pound of organic fair trade from my local coffee house, Dana Street Roasting Company - or Peet's.
4. Do you drink for caffeine, pleasure, or both? Both
5. Do you enjoy flavored coffees? No.
6. A large, lovely mug or a small, dainty cup? Mug.
7. Describe your perfect cup - an americano with a touch of cream, homemade muffin in the other hand - with family, early morning, on the beach.
8. You're sitting down to enjoy a nice cup in the local coffee shop, knitting bag in hand, iPod all tuned up - or maybe you're there with a few friends for knit night! What treat do you pick up to enjoy with your coffee? A sweet, rich brownie, or something more healthy? I could go either way - I love chocolate with coffee, but my favorite local coffee shop makes a great spinach quiche that is yummy with a strong Americano.
1. Do you knit or crochet? Knit
2. What are your favorite types of yarns to work with? Organic cotton.
3. What do you have on the needles (or hook!) right now? A scarf, two kid sweaters, dishcloth, some fingerless mitts and a doll sweater.
4. What are your favorite colors in yarns? Blues and greens. What about those that you'd never find in your stash? Acrylic orange.
5. What sort of needles or hooks do you enjoy using? Bamboo circulars or DPN's
Any you just detest? Plastic
6. Are there any particular notions you absolute do NOT need? No.
Some of us swap a lot - are you sure that you have enough tape measures to last your lifetime? Enough stitch markers to mark every stitch of a 10 foot wide afghan? I would love stitch markers!
7. You walk into the yarn shop and have exactly and only enough money to purchase 2 skeins of yarn in their 2 for 20 special they have going..The choices are a soft, thick cotton/viscose blend in your favorite colors, slightly variegated..a beautiful sock yarn that's just squishy and sproingy in your hands.. a soft, worsted weight wool like malabrigo.. and a lovely bamboo blend with colors to just die for. Which do you walk out the door with? Bamboo - no doubt.
1. We're starting sign-ups on the first day of Spring - is it already truly Spring-like where you are? Yes.
2. What's your favorite spring flower? Jasmine.
3. What do you most look forward to about springtime? Plum trees in bloom, fresh, clean salty breezes, going to the beach.
4. They've predicted a gorgeous day tomorrow - Sunny and about 65 with a nice breeze - how do you spend your day? Take the family to the beach!
5. The day after, it's going to be cooler and pouring down rain - does that impact your mood? Not at all - rain is my favorite!
How do you spend that day? Take the kids to the museum or make cookies at home.
Odds n Ends
1. Do you collect anything BESIDES yarn and needles? fabric
2. Are you allergic to anything? No.
3. Do you have pets? hermit crab - he's pretty hard to knit for!
4. Is this your first swap, or are you an old pro? This is my third swap.
What are the last 2 swaps you participated in? Winter Wonderland Coffee; Defeat the Doldrums Dishcloth
5. List 3 of your favorite blogs - craft related or not - and tell us why you love them.
http://barakahlifehandmade.typepad.com./ - cool homeade stuff but very professional. Also, she does charity work.
http://www.makingbookswithchildren.blogspot.com/ - I teach language arts and have kids, so we make books all the time.
http://www.purlbee.com/ - I think we all know this one! Can't get enough of Purl Soho - makes me wish I lived in N.Y.
One more - when I am feeling down, I go make snow: http://www.popularfront.com/snowdays